Thursday, November 15, 2012

Week 3 EOC: My Demographics

Millennials (or Generation Y)
"The 83 million children of the baby boomers, born between 1977 and 2000. One thing that all of the Millennials have in common is their utter fluency and comfort with digital technology. They don’t just embrace technology, it’s a way of life. The Millennials were the first generation to grow up in a world filled with computers, cellphones, satellite TV, iPods, and online social networks. A recent study found that 91 percent of Millennials are on the Web, making up 32 percent of all U.S. Internet users. According to another study, 77 percent of Millennials frequent social networking sites and 71 percent use instant messaging." Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation P. 74 There is no way I can live without my cell phone. It’s like my kid I wonder where it’s at and what it’s doing in my sleep. I have not had a land line in over 10 years. I stared using Mac and messaging my classmates and friends as early as the 8th grade. No matter what you do to day or where you go almost everything is ran by technology. You can pay bills, order supplies, shop, learn, work, and live all by a simply touch on your computer. Voicemails are no longer use as mush with texting in. You can just send a text quicker and the person will respond a lot faster vs voicemail. I don’t check my voicemail every day. Or every other day. You  can get a hold of me a lot faster by texting vs voicemail. Technology has cut back on a lot of paper as well. Filling out paper work on line is a lot faster and better for the environment. Companies can respond a lot faster, than waiting on your paper work to arrive in the mail.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment